NCR Customer Engineer Rep II St. Louis, MO in St. Louis, Missouri
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
TITLE: Customer Engineer Representative II LOCATION:St. Louis, MO
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Service electro mechanical equipment like ATMs and self-checkout systems within an assigned territory—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Oversee hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support.
- Unleash your manual skills on products like peripherals, large system printers, plotters, enterprise level servers, communications equipment, networks, and item processing sorters. We’re talking Ethernet, Token-Ring, StarLAN, NetBIOS, X.25—the whole gamut.
- Build great working relationships among colleagues and customers based on our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs). When issues come up, your job is to respond them by either handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can.
- Perform maintenance repair and system overhauls as a matter of routine (like modular swaps and unit replacements). You’ll surely always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take to correct any and all technical problems before they happen.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS: * A fantastic communicator who does everything in your power to meet customers’ needs—someone who follows up to make sure you did the work right. * A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving). * Someone looking to tackle an intense but rewarding role. You like responsibility and are outstanding at managing everything from network faults and traffic, to configuration, security, and remote system access.
YOU HAVE: * High School Diploma or GED (though we’d prefer an Associate’s Degree) * Up to three years of related experience (but more than that is always a plus) * A Certification, CompTIA, N Certification, PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity * Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 * Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems * Must be a local candidate (this position is not eligible for paid relocation) * Must be authorized to work in the U.S. * US Candidates must be at least 21 years of age * Must have a valid driver's license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements * Must pass the Company’s background check requirements, including credit check, criminal, driving record, and drug screen * Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation for a disability or based on religion * Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving up to approximately 8 hours per day, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
P.S.: * A CE II may be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis. Also, this position conducts work at customer site(s) and local NCR offices. EEO Statement_ _ Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment. Statement to Third Party Agencies_ _ To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Customer Engineering
Title: Customer Engineer Rep II St. Louis, MO
Location: Missouri-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 0069323_P0229001