NCR SW Engineer II-2 in United States
About NCRNCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Essential Skill set :
• Senior Java developer with 4+ yrs of experience in java development.
• Good to have fraud management domain experience.
• Engineering graduate.
• be proficient in Java 8, object oriented programming and development practices and design methodologies
• have a demonstrable experience in Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
• be able to demonstrate understanding of parallel programming concepts in Java
• be able to write clean, modular and maintainable code, but also improve legacy code through refactoring when needed
• be quick to pick up new areas, domains, product knowledge
• familiar with SVN or other source code version management tool
• familiar with setup of project in Eclipse using Maven, and ideally within Jenkins or other CI environment
• familiar with SOAP and REST Web Services, GWT, Oracle DB, MQ
• strong in core java
• strong advocate of ‘software quality’ disciplines; design review, code review, TDD and ideally BDD (using cucumber)
• is able to incrementally understand the existing product codebase, analyze business requirements and develop new product features by providing effective technical solutions
• familiar with performance/load testing of enterprise applications
• familiar with Agile development, ideally Scrum using JIRA
EEO StatementIntegrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.Statement to Third Party AgenciesTo ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
We are NCR. We power incredible experiences that make life easier. We're changing the way you bank, shop, eat and travel, enabling nearly 700 million transactions daily. How do we do it all? With iNCRedible people like you. A career here means embracing our culture and shared values, always seeking new adventures, and carving your own path. We've been around more than 130 years and we're just getting started. Join us as we build the future of omnichannel experiences, and have fun doing it!