NCR Software Developer for APTRA Passport in Waterloo, Canada
About NCRNCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Title: Software Developer for APTRA Passport
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
NCR offers a complete range of technology solutions that transform information into more enduring, more profitable relationships. In Waterloo, the focus is on payment and image processing solutions designed to help financial institutions and corporations deliver innovative products and services. These solutions enable item-based transactions to be digitally captured centrally or distributed (to ATMs, branches, merchant and corporate locations), processed, archived and exchanged for total data perfection.
Key activities may include:
• Completes application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Deploy various systems, tools and applications (including installation and developer testing)
• Participate in design reviews and code walk-thrus
• Generate appropriate documentation for the proper ongoing support and maintenance of software modules
• Support and implement best practices for software development including developer unit testing and deployment testing as appropriate
• Participate in system level activities such as integration and system test as required
• Communicate project/work status orally, written, or other as required
• Java, JEE, Java script, particularly Angular JS
• Experience in Mobile Application Development (native and browser based apps)
• JMS and experience with asynchronous design pattern development.
• JSP, JSF, or other web development skills
• Relational Database Management Systems - SQL programming
• XML programming
• Object oriented design
• Experience developing Web based applications using HTML 5.
Additionally, experience with any of the following technologies would also be an asset:
JEE application servers and web servers (IBM WebSphere (8, 8.5.x), JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Glassfish)
Web Services and Web Services frameworks (CXF, jax-ws)
Knowledge of QA strategies, techniques and methodologies (black box, white box, etc.)
Knowledge of Agile methodologies and CI (Continuous Integration).
Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) using JUnit.
Experience with modern JS web libraries.
Preferably AngularJS.Other technical skills which would be beneficial include, test tool development experience, systems programming in Unix or Windows, knowledge of n-tier architectures and model-view-controller software architectures, knowledge of web-based application architecture and components, configuration and tuning of Unix systems.
Prefer candidates who have experience working on high volume systems and has working knowledge of performance testing and tuning.
Other important skills include enthusiasm to learn, make and meet objectives, motivated, effective, responsible team player.
EEO StatementIntegrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.Statement to Third Party AgenciesTo ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
We are NCR. We power incredible experiences that make life easier. We're changing the way you bank, shop, eat and travel, enabling nearly 700 million transactions daily. How do we do it all? With iNCRedible people like you. A career here means embracing our culture and shared values, always seeking new adventures, and carving your own path. We've been around more than 130 years and we're just getting started. Join us as we build the future of omnichannel experiences, and have fun doing it!